Working remotely means so much more than just NOT working in the office, especially when supporting employees with disabilities. In our work we have found three areas critical to the success of an organization in the remote work environment: tools, accessibility of software, accessibility of organization processes and platforms, and technical support.
As we strive to support our employees with disabilities, as well as other organizations supporting employees with disabilities, we are excited to host A Forum for Shared Learning: Supporting Employees with Disabilities in the Remote Work Environment via Zoom on Thursday, June 25, 2020 at 1:00pm EDT.
Join us for an open discussion around supporting employees with disabilities. Some possible questions for exploration are the following:
• Tools you use to work remotely e.g. Zoom - how accessible are they, have employees been trained to use core features?
• How are you providing technical support to your employees? What tools are you using and how seamless are they for employees using AT?
• How accessible is the software you are using?
• How accessible are your e-communications and processes?
• How accessible are the platforms and tools you use for training for employees with disabilities?